1. Where shall we probably find the best practical illustration of the need for correct sensory experiences in guidance and control?
2. Upon what does the standard of breathing depend?
3. What mistake is being made when people are diagnosed as “bad breathers?” What does this mistake provide yet another instance of?
4. What two conditions should be avoided as far as possible by people who are “bad breathers?” What causes these conditions?
5. What will be the result of the continued practice of breathing exercises? Why?
6. According to Alexander, what is most likely to be the case when a pupil claims to “feel better” as a result of deep breathing exercises?
7. What will be the inevitable result of following a regimen of deep breathing exercises?
8. What is the cause of the serious conditions that develop?
9. What, in the majority of cases, is the cause of measurable increased chest capacity?
10. To what are exponents of breathing exercises oblivious?
11. What does the stimulus of “teaching a person to breath” at once induce?
12. What is breathing?
13. How does breathing work?
14. What does a person have to do to secure the maximum control and development in breathing?
15. What is it not necessary to think of? Why would this be harmful?
16. What is the most potent stimulus to the use of the respiratory mechanisms?
17. What must be the first consideration in an attempt to correct the imperfect use of the respiratory mechanisms? Why?
18. What is demanded from the teacher who wants to attempt to correct this imperfect use?
19. What will the teacher explain to the pupil?
20. What must the teacher make sure that the pupil remembers?
21. What does practice in the work of prevention mean for the pupil?
22. What do the teacher and pupil each do at the next stage of the work?
23. How long should the series of satisfactory experiences be
24. What is all that is required to establish a satisfactory use of the co-ordinated psycho-physical mechanisms concerned?
25. What are the mechanics of this satisfactory use?
26. After this satisfactory use has been secured, to what may the teacher next proceed?
27. What knowledge does correctly performing a whispered “ah” require?
28. What does the process involved in producing a whispered “ah” prevent?